History of Hotel MutterHaus Düsseldorf
The founding centre of the Kaiserwerth Deaconry
he deaconesses’ centre of the Kaiserwerth Deaconry was inaugurated 7 May 1903, along with the Mutterhaus Church. It replaced the deaconesses’ centre founded by the reverend Theodor Fliedner and his wife Friederike in 1836 in the middle of Kaiserwerth, which is now the “Stammhaus” (parent branch). The newly built training centre developed into the centre of the Kaiserswerth sisterhood and the deaconess institute.
Deaconesses were sent from here to many places within Germany and abroad, and they returned here to gather their strength within the community for their work. The Kaiserwerth deaconess institute emerged from the former deaconry.
Between 2000 and 2002 the old motherhouse was converted into a hotel, today’s HOTEL MUTTERHAUS DÜSSELDORF.
The HOTEL MUTTERHAUS DÜSSELDORF GmbH is a company of the Kaiserswerther Diakonie.