A- A A+

History of the Hotel MutterHaus

The founding centre of the Kaiserwerth Deaconry

Sisters of the Kaiserwerth Deaconry

The deaconesses’ centre of the Kaiserwerth Deaconry was inaugurated 7 May 1903, along with the Mutterhaus Church. It replaced the deaconesses’ centre founded by the reverend Theodor Fliedner and his wife Friederike in 1836 in the middle of Kaiserwerth, which is now the “Stammhaus” (parent branch). The newly-built training centre developed into the centre of the sisterhood and the deaconess institute.

Deaconesses were sent from here to many places within Germany and abroad, and they returned here to gather their strength within the community for their work. The Kaiserwerth deaconess institute emerged from the former deaconry.

 

Quick Reservation